ABOUT BELINDA COATES
Belinda Coates was born in Ballarat and currently lives with her partner in Central Ballarat. She raised her son in the local area and is well connected to the community.
She has a passion for community arts and has organised and supported many human rights, music and arts events locally. In her spare time Belinda also enjoys cycling, swimming, yoga and gardening.
Belinda is a qualified social worker and has workedin allied health, counselling, public service, community development and tertiary education roles. She has campaigned locally on a range of welfare, multi-cultural and environmental issues and is a respected advocate and strong voice in local policy.
Belinda assisted in the successful community campaign against the failed $40 million Civic Hall redevelopment and has played a key role in connecting individuals and groups on a range of important local issues.
0400 947 688
If elected Belinda will be working hard as a Councillor to improve local well being and economic prosperity by:
- Funding accessible, high quality services from early childhood through to aged care
- Advocating a sustainable approach to population growth with smart development, improved open space, water strategies, public transport and local infrastructure and services
- Ensuring pedestrian and cyclist safety with better footpaths and improved cycling paths
- Providing more support for small business
- Taking local action on climate change: reducing costs through energy efficiency and waste reduction
- Improving waste management: green waste program, reduced landfill costs and improved recycling
- Ethical and transparent governance with honesty and integrity
- Smarter spending and responsible debt management
- Real community engagement: improved opportunities for genuine community input into decision making
- Valuing community arts – supporting programs that invest in our local artists and improve well being
- Protecting heritage -respecting and promoting our history and culture while encouraging innovation and resourcefulness
- Respecting and celebrating our diversity
Donate to Belinda's campaign